Oddly, despite the power our beliefs hold, we rarely take the time to consider them and what they mean to us. I decided to sit down and consider some of the things I believe to be true… would you like to know what they are?
The short list of beliefs I hold dear;
- Life is too short to spend it doing something I hate
- We create our own reality
- Life without growth is pointless
- Growing ‘up’ is overrated
- We’re all right about something
- Everyday things are magic!
- Loving myself is hard (but oh so worth it!)
- Movement connects me to the divine
- Dance is my prayer
- There is no one right way
- Tea is the best… ever!
- Ties are stupid… except on some men, then they’re hot!
- I want to always be a kid
- Light nurtures me, especially at dawn and dusk, when magic is in the air
These beliefs guide and inspire me. When I align my life with my beliefs, I feel incredible satisfaction and experience great bubbly bouts of happiness! And when I fail to act in accordance with my beliefs, they create a sense of dissonance and dissatisfaction in my life.
Of course, sometimes I get overwhelmed; I’m working so hard, moving so fast, that I forget to remember what I already know. It’s unfortunately easy to get distracted, and begin to make choices that pull me farther and farther from the things that are important to me.
I’ve learned to plan ahead for those times when I get overwhelmed and forget to remember; to keep reminders of what my beliefs are, and why they’re so very important to me
Do you know what beliefs you hold most dear? What would your life look like if you aligned your choices and actions with those beliefs? How could you remind yourself when you get overwhelmed and forget?